Links to resources and programs doing good things and promoting equity in science:
- 500 Women Scientists – Community of women scientists that pledge to support each other and all minorities, immigrants, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA.
- AAUW (American Association of University Women) – Promoting equity for women and girls through education, advocacy, philanthropy, and research.
- AWIS (Association for Women in Science) – Empowering women and advocating their excellence in STEM fields.
- Black Girls CODE – Computer science outreach and education for young women (ages 7-17) of color.
- Code Like A Girl – Supporting women in IT and challenging perceptions of women in technology.
- Decolonizing Science Reading List – List of resources complied by Dr. Chanda exploring the relationship between colonialism and science.
- DiversifyEEB – Highlights women and underrepresented minorities in evolutionary biology and ecology fields.
- Earth Science Women’s Network – Professional resources for women in geosciences.
- EYH (Expanding Your Horizons) – Engages middle school girls and encourages participation and exploration in STEM.
- L’Oréal USA for Women in Science – fellowship for women postdoctoral scientists, application deadline February
- NextProf Science Future Faculty Workshop – Workshop at the University of Michigan designed to encourage and educate scientists committed to diversity in STEM and a career in academia.
- oSTEM – Society for LGBTQIA communities in STEM.
- Women in Microbiome Research – List compiled by Dr. Elizabeth Bik of women faculty/staff engaged in microbiome research to increase the portion of female speakers at conferences.